The Latest: Lawyer: Announcement on Conyers' future planned

File - In this April 4, 2011 file photo, Rep. John Conyers, D-Mich., the ranking member of the House Judiciary Committee, listens during a news conference on Capitol Hill in Washington. Top House Democrat Nancy Pelosi says Conyers, facing sexual misconduct allegations, should resign. (AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite)

An attorney for U.S. Rep. John Conyers says an announcement on the congressman's future amid sexual harassment allegations will be made on a Detroit radio talk show

DETROIT — The Latest on sexual misconduct allegations against Rep. John Conyers (all times local):

6:55 p.m.

An attorney for U.S. Rep. John Conyers says an announcement on the congressman's future amid sexual harassment allegations will be made on a Detroit radio talk show.

Arnold Reed says Conyers is expected to speak on the show Tuesday morning and will discuss whether he plans to remain in the House or step down.

A number of Conyers' colleagues in the House have called for the 88-year-old Detroit Democrat to step down following allegations of harassment and inappropriate touching by several women who once worked for him. The House Ethics Committee is investigating.

Reed has said Conyers denies the allegations and would fight the claims made by at least three former employees.

The attorney for one of the women has said her client could testify later this week before the ethics committee.

___

6:50 p.m.

An attorney representing U.S. Rep. John Conyers says an announcement is forthcoming on a Detroit radio talk show as the congressman deals with allegations of sexual harassment by former staff members.

Arnold Reed tweeted Monday afternoon that he has concluded his "talks with Congressman Conyers" and that the announcement will be made Tuesday morning.

The Michigan Chapter of the National Action Network civil rights group also says it will hold a news conference about the allegations outside Conyers' Detroit home following Reed's announcement.

A number of Conyers' colleagues in the House have called for the 88-year-old Detroit Democrat to step down following allegations of harassment and inappropriate touching by several women who once worked for him. The House Ethics Committee is investigating.

Reed has said Conyers denies the allegations.

___

11:50 a.m.

Prominent clergy, Detroit elected leaders and community activists are calling for due process in support of U.S. Rep. John Conyers who faces allegations of sexual harassment from several women who once worked for him.

Detroit NAACP President the Rev. Wendell Anthony, Wayne County Executive Warren Evans and county Clerk Cathy Garrett were among dozens of people attending Monday's rally at Hartford Memorial Baptist Church in Northwest Detroit.

A number of Conyers' colleagues in the House have called for the 88-year-old Detroit Democrat to step down following allegations of harassment and inappropriate touching. Wayne County Commissioner Martha Scott and others urged Conyers not to resign.

The House Ethics Committee is investigating.

Attorney Arnold Reed said last week that Conyers was hospitalized after feeling lightheaded. Reed says Conyers denies the allegations.

Related News

Judge confirms Prince's 6 siblings as heirs to his estate

May 19, 2017

A Minnesota judge has ruled that Prince's six siblings are the heirs to his estate

Producers guild starts process to expel Harvey Weinstein

Oct 16, 2017

The Producers Guild of America has voted unanimously to institute termination proceedings for Harvey Weinstein

No cellphones backstage for accountants after Oscar flub

Mar 29, 2017

PwC accountants won't be allowed to have their cellphones backstage during future Oscar telecasts

You may also like these

Judge confirms Prince's 6 siblings as heirs to his estate

May 19, 2017

A Minnesota judge has ruled that Prince's six siblings are the heirs to his estate

Producers guild starts process to expel Harvey Weinstein

Oct 16, 2017

The Producers Guild of America has voted unanimously to institute termination proceedings for Harvey Weinstein

No cellphones backstage for accountants after Oscar flub

Mar 29, 2017

PwC accountants won't be allowed to have their cellphones backstage during future Oscar telecasts

About Me

Enter Hollywood, the central informative hub of the world’s prime entertainment capital. We provide only the latest, juiciest and hottest news about your favorite celebrities 24/7.

Contact us: sales@enterhollywood.com